Paradise City Comic Con is dedicated to the safety and security of ALL attendees. In light of recent events, we have chosen to tighten security around the event and have recently updated many of the rules. This is done to protect our attendees and make sure that everyone may enjoy the convention without concern. Use common sense and remember what seems harmless to you may appear like a threat to someone else. All attendees must adhere to Florida State Law at all times during the weekend of Paradise City Comic Con, including laws regarding firearms and weapons. If it is illegal outside of the convention, it is illegal inside the convention.
Please read this entire policy before attending Paradise City Comic Con. Failure to follow this policy may result in your removal from the convention without refund. We have a ZERO TOLERANCE FOR WEAPONS.
The following items are NOT ALLOWED at Paradise City Comic Con
* Live firearms: This includes modern guns, hunting guns, historic guns, air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns – either functioning or de-commissioned.
* Realistic replica firearms: This includes reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional firearms – either metal, solid resin/plastic/rubber.
* Functional projectile weapons: This includes blow guns, functioning crossbows, functioning long bows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons and water guns. No props or weapons capable of firing any projectile or powder charge of any kind.
* Sharpened metal-bladed weapons: This includes axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades.
* Explosives: This includes firecrackers and fireworks.
* Chemical weapons: This includes mace and pepper spray.
* Blunt weapons: This includes brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku.
* Hard prop weapons: This includes props made of metal, fiberglass and glass.
* No laser pointers. If you have a laser pointer in your prop or weapon, make sure it cannot function by either removing the batteries, or simply not bringing it.
* Items that cause excessive noise levels like vuvuzelas, grenade whistles and grenade horns.
* No Whips.
* No Aerosol mustard.
Prop weapons are homemade or commercially rendered costume prop weapons that support the overall look of a costume or character, including futuristic prop weapons made to look like phasers, ray guns, light sabers, etc…
Prop weapons will be allowed providing they are composed of cardboard, foam, wood or other light materials. Prop firearms are allowed only if they cannot be mistaken for real weapons. The barrel of all prop firearms must be covered with brightly-colored caps.
Bows and crossbows will only be permitted if they’re absolutely prop in nature – no tension on the string beyond what it takes to keep it straight, and arrows should not have any form of tip. You are NOT permitted to bring arrows with metal tips into the event under ANY circumstances.
No items can have sharp points, sharp edges, excessive weight or any other features that could be deemed dangerous to others (E.g. we do not allow metal replica samurai swords, “BB guns/air guns” even if they are not loaded).
All prop weapons must be checked at the Prop Check Table, where security will inspect the prop and issue a sticker to be placed in a visible area on the prop. EVERY prop will be handled on a case-by-case basis. You may be asked to take further measures to make the prop safe before it will be given approval. Be prepared for this contingency. Approved prop stickers must be visible on your prop at all times in the convention center. Removing the prop sticker is a violation of the Weapons Policy and will result in immediate expulsion from Paradise City Comic Con. Any approved prop weapon may be revoked at any time at the discretion of Paradise City Comic Con staff or security, for reasons including, but not limited to, the item being utilized or brandished in an inappropriate fashion or if complaints are received regarding its improper display.
Paradise City Comic Con reserves the right to refuse entry of any prop/weapon it deems unfit for any reason. Any misuse of a prop/weapon (horseplay, dueling, fighting, running/swinging, firing, etc.) is grounds for removal and or ejection from convention premises without recourse, up to and including legal action depending on the severity of the offense. Remember – your attitude goes a long way with how each and every situation is handled.
PURCHASED PROPS AND WEAPONS: If you purchase a weapon or prop from the Vendors Room that does not comply with the Paradise City Comic Con Weapons/Prop policy, you must either leave it boxed and taped or take it to your vehicle, or hotel room.
PLEASE NOTE that if you violate any of the above rules you WILL be removed from the convention. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS! If you are asked by a member of Paradise City Comic Con security or staff, you are required to comply with their requests or risk removal from the convention. These decisions are based on the discretion of the staff member you are dealing with at that exact moment. Do not attempt to skirt the rules. Do not attempt to play games with security or staff. Use common sense. If you cannot abide by the rules, please stay home. We will not endanger or put any of our attendees at risk because you want to have a more authentic costume.
Paradise City Comic Con reserves the right to amend or change these rules at anytime for any reason to provide for the safety, security and general well being of attendees and the general public.